The National Institution for Transforming India Aayog (NITI Aayog) was established in 2015 in response to a recommendation by the Indian Government’s Planning Commission NITI Aayog. As per the recommendations, departments or Ministries implementing programmes via NGOs must also create their own portals and integrate them with NGO-Darpan to provide a more streamlined flow of information concerning NGOs’ access to funds and the projects they’re doing. Niti Aayog Registration is an online method by which any NGO in India can submit their profile information to the NGO darpan site.
Advantages of Niti Aayog Registration for NGO:
- Unique Identification of NGO from UIN
- Helpful in getting government grants
- Ensures better transparency
- Obtaining an NITI Aayog ID is now voluntary but is mandatory for FCRA Registration.
- It strengthens the trustworthiness of the Trust/Society/NGO, which in turn increases the likelihood that the public would donate to it.
- The NGO Darpan Portal is used to keep track of all of the registered and banned NGOs operating in the world today.
Applicability of Niti Aayog Registration
Any non-government organisation (NGO) may apply for a niti aayog registration for their entity. A freshly registered organisation or an enterprise that has been operating in the market for some time may also apply for an NGO darpan registration. Generally, under these three Acts, a person can register an NGO as
- A company registered under Section 8 of Indian Companies Act
- A trust registered with Registrar under India Trust Act, 1882
- A society registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860
Documents required for Niti Aayog Registration
- Memorandum and Article of Association and Certificate of Incorporation in case of section 8 company.
- Trust Deed in case of Trust
- Registration certificate in case of Society
- PAN of Company / Trust / society
- PAN and Aadhar of Director / Member/ Trustee
- Contact Details like E-mail and Mobile number of Director / Member / Trustee
- Details of source of fund received by NGO
- Designation of the members in case of society
- Other information as may be required.
You can apply for combo pack of 12A, 80G and Niti Aayog Registration through My digital Filing at a very affordable price.