Niti Aayog Registration, an online process, allows any NGO in India to submit their profile information to the NGO Darpan site. Established in 2015, the National Institution for Transforming India Aayog (NITI Aayog) came into being as a response to the Indian Government’s Planning Commission’s recommendation. As part of this recommendation, departments or Ministries that implement programs through NGOs are required to create their own portals and integrate them with NGO-Darpan. This integration aims to facilitate a more streamlined flow of information, particularly regarding NGOs’ access to funds and the projects they are involved in.
Advantages of Niti Aayog Registration for NGO:
- Unique Identification of NGO from UIN
- Helpful in getting government grants
- Ensures better transparency
- Obtaining an NITI Aayog ID is now voluntary but is mandatory for FCRA Registration.
- It strengthens the trustworthiness of the Trust/Society/NGO, which in turn increases the likelihood that the public would donate to it.
- The NGO Darpan Portal is used to keep track of all of the registered and banned NGOs operating in the world today.
Applicability of Niti Aayog Registration
Any non-government organisation (NGO) may apply for a niti aayog registration for their entity. A freshly registered organisation or an enterprise that has been operating in the market for some time may also apply for an NGO darpan registration. Generally, under these three Acts, a person can register an NGO as
- A company registered under Section 8 of Indian Companies Act
- A trust registered with Registrar under India Trust Act, 1882
- A society registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860
Documents required for Niti Aayog Registration
- Memorandum and Article of Association and Certificate of Incorporation in case of section 8 company.
- Trust Deed in case of Trust
- Registration certificate in case of Society
- PAN of Company / Trust / society
- PAN and Aadhar of Director / Member/ Trustee
- Contact Details like E-mail and Mobile number of Director / Member / Trustee
- Details of source of fund received by NGO
- Designation of the members in case of society
- Other information as may be required.